- The definition of biotic is something related to living things.
An example of biotic is breathing.
Breathing is an example of biotic.
Origin of bioticClassical Greek biōtikos ; from bios: see bio-
- Of or having to do with life or living organisms.
- Produced or caused by living organisms.
Origin of bioticProbably Greek biōtikos, from biōtos, life, from bioun, to live, from bios, life; see gwei- in Indo-European roots.
Origin of -bioticProbably New Latin -biōticus, from Greek biōtikos; see biotic.
- (pertaining to life): abiotic
From Ancient Greek βιωτικός (biōtikos, “of life”), from βίος (bios, “life”).
- Used to form adjectives describing a method of living
- Used to form nouns describing organisms having a specified method of living