Breathing is an example of biotic.
- The definition of biotic is something related to living things.
An example of biotic is breathing.
of life or living things, or caused by living organisms
Origin of bioticClassical Greek biōtikos ; from bios: see bio-
of or having a (specified) way of living: photobiotic
- Of or having to do with life or living organisms.
- Produced or caused by living organisms.
Origin of bioticProbably Greek biōtikos, from biōtos, life, from bioun, to live, from bios, life; see gwei- in Indo-European roots.
A mode of living: endobiotic.
Origin of -bioticProbably New Latin -biōticus, from Greek biōtikos; see biotic.
From Ancient Greek βιωτικός (biōtikos, “of life”), from βίος (bios, “life”).
- Used to form adjectives describing a method of living
- Used to form nouns describing organisms having a specified method of living