- The definition of bilingual is two languages.
- An example of being bilingual is a person who can speak both English and Spanish.
- An example of bilingual is bilinqual education, when a student is taught in both English and the language of their native country.
- A bilingual is defined as a person who can speak two languages.
An example of a bilingual is a person with the ability to speak German and Italian.
bilingual definition by Webster's New World
- of or in two languages
- using or capable of using two languages, esp. with equal or nearly equal facility
- designating a method of education in which students who are not yet fluent in the language of the country where they live are taught in their native language
Origin: ; from Classical Latin bilinguis (; from bi-, bi- plush lingua, tongue) plush -al
bilingual definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Using or able to use two languages, especially with equal or nearly equal fluency.b. Using two languages in some proportion in order to facilitate learning by students who have a native proficiency in one language and are acquiring proficiency in the other: bilingual training; bilingual education.
- Of, relating to, or expressed in two languages: a bilingual dictionary.
- bi·linˈgual·ism noun
- bi·linˈgual·ly adverb