The story of Mary is a Biblical story.
The name Mary is an example of a biblical name related to the story of the Virgin Mary.
- of or in the Bible
- in keeping with or according to the Bible; like that in the Bible
- Of, relating to, or contained in the Bible.
- Being in keeping with the nature of the Bible, especially:a. Suggestive of the personages or times depicted in the Bible.b. Suggestive of the prose or narrative style of the King James Bible.
- Very great in extent; enormous: a natural disaster of near biblical proportions.
Origin of biblicalFrom Medieval Latin biblicus, from Late Latin biblia, Bible; see Bible.
(comparative more Biblical, superlative most Biblical)
- Alternative capitalization of biblical..