- Alternative form of bare-bones.
(comparative more bare-bones, superlative most bare-bones)
- Minimalist; lacking that which is not essential.
- Meals on early space flights were bare-bones affairs; able to supply nutrition, but severely lacking in palatability.
- (computing) Describes a computer sold pre-assembled, but without certain essential components, often a processor, memory, and hard drive.
- Emil bought a bare-bones rig and a new CPU at the computer show, then popped in his old hard drive.