Origin of aveL, probably of Punic origin, originally , literally , live!
- the salutation ave
- [A-] the prayer Ave Maria
- An expression of greeting or farewell.
- Ave Roman Catholic Church Ave Maria.
Origin of aveMiddle English from Latin avē
- An Ave Maria.
- A reverential salutation.
(third-person singular simple present 'as, present participle 'avin', simple past and past participle 'ad)
- Eye dialect spelling of have.
A representation of the pronunciation of have by someone whose dialect lacks the voiceless glottal fricative or transition (/h/).