- of or like Atlas; strong
- of Atlantis
Origin of AtlanteanClassical Latin Atlanteus, of Atlas, of the Atlantic from Atlas, Atlas
Of or like the Titan Atlas, especially in having a fundamental role or great strength.
Origin of AtlanteanFrom Greek Atlās Atlant- Atlas ; see Atlas .
Of or relating to Atlantis.
- Of or like the Greek titan Atlas, who carries the heavens on his shoulders, as in Atlantean strength
- (figuratively) Of the celestial spheres carried by Atlas
- Of an architectural atlas or atlantid, or reminiscent of such: atlantean figures
- Of the mythical island of Atlantis, its people, or its civilization.
- (figuratively) flooded or submerged, especially in case of a natural disaster, reminiscent of the way Atlantis sank into the ocean
- of Saturn's moon Atlas
- The language supposedly spoken by the inhabitants of Atlantis.
- A language invented for the 2001 animated film Atlantis: The Lost Empire.