of Assyria or its people, language, or culture
Origin of Assyrianfrom Sem, as in Classical Hebrew (language) ashur, Ashur
- a person born or living in Assyria
- the Akkadian dialect of the Assyrians
Of or relating to Assyria or its people, language, or culture.
- A native or inhabitant of Assyria.
- See Akkadian.
- The Assyrian dialects of Akkadian.
- Of or pertaining to the ancient region on the Upper Tigris river, with capital city of Assur.
- Of or pertaining to the ancient nation and empire, including the northern half of Mesopotamia, with capital city of Nineveh.