- of or like an artery or arteries
- designating or of the blood in the arteries, which has been oxygenated in the lungs or gills and is brighter red than that in the veins
- of or being a main road or channel with many branches
Origin of arterialFrench artérial (now artériel) from Medieval Latin arterialis: see artery
- Of, like, or in an artery or arteries.
- Of, relating to, or being the blood in the arteries that has absorbed oxygen in the lungs and is bright red.
- Being a main road or channel with many branches: an arterial highway; an arterial route.
A through road or street.
- Of or relating to an artery.
- (in the case of a route, road or street) Major, important
- A through road.