A support for the arm, as on a piece of furniture or within a motor vehicle.
- Sectional sofas are often made up of pieces including an end piece with an armrest on one side, a centerpiece with no arms on either side, a chaise, an ottoman, a corner piece, and occasionally a recliner.
- I walked in the house and stood at the hallway for three good seconds, my wife was seating on the couch armrest, with one leg down towards the floor and one leg perched on the armrest.
- If she hasn't, then it is you who has the problem and not how your wife sits on an armrest.
- She gripped the armrest as he passed two cars at a time.
- Cynthia Byrne clutched the armrest firmly during take off and landing, reacting to each noise anew.