The definition of Armageddon is the place where Christians believe the final battle between good and evil will be fought before Judgment Day.
The Book of Revelation is an example of the account of Armageddon.
- the place where the last, decisive battle between the forces of good and evil is to be fought before Judgment Day: Rev. 16:16
- this battle
- any great, decisive battle
Origin of ArmageddonEcclesiastical Late Latin Armagedon from Classical Greek Harmaged?n from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Classical Hebrew (language) har, mountain + megido, the plain of Megiddo
- a. Bible In the book of Revelation, the place of the gathering of armies for the final battle before the end of the world.b. The battle involving these armies.
- A decisive or catastrophic conflict.
Origin of ArmageddonLate Latin Armagedōn from Greek from Hebrewhar məgiddô , the mountain region of Megiddo har mountain hrr məgiddô Megiddo
- Alternative capitalization of Armageddon.