The Book of Revelation is an example of the account of Armageddon.
- the place where the last, decisive battle between the forces of good and evil is to be fought before Judgment Day: Rev. 16:16
- this battle
- any great, decisive battle
Origin of ArmageddonEcclesiastical Late Latin Armagedon ; from Classical Greek Harmaged?n ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Classical Hebrew (language) har, mountain + megido, the plain of Megiddo
- a. Bible In the book of Revelation, the place of the gathering of armies for the final battle before the end of the world.b. The battle involving these armies.
- A decisive or catastrophic conflict.
Origin of ArmageddonLate Latin Armaged&omacron;n, from Greek, from Hebrew har m&schwa;giddô, the mountain region of Megiddo : har, mountain; see hrr in Semitic roots + m&schwa;giddô, Megiddo.
- Alternative capitalization of Armageddon.