- urban county in NE Va., across the Potomac from Washington, D.C.: site of a national cemetery (Arlington National Cemetery)
- city in NE Tex.: suburb of Fort Worth
Origin of Arlingtonorigin, originally after an Eng place name
- A city of northern Texas, a suburb of Dallas-Fort Worth.x
- A county and unincorporated city of northern Virginia across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. Mainly residential, it is the site of Arlington National Cemetery (established in 1864), where American war dead and other notables are buried.x
- A place name.
- (US) Arlington National Cemetery (in Arlington County, Virginia) an American military cemetery, which includes among other things the tomb of the unknown soldiers.