- Arboreal is defined as something having the evolutionary characteristics of animals which allow them to live or maneuver through trees.
An example of an arboreal part of the chimpanzee's anatomy is its long arms.
- The definition of arboreal is anything referring to trees or something that is like a tree.
An example of something arboreal is a forest.
The Koala is arboreal.
arboreal definition by Webster's New World
- of or like a tree
- living in trees or adapted for living in trees
Origin: Classical Latin arboreus, of a tree ; from arbor, tree plush -al
arboreal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Relating to or resembling a tree.
- Living in trees; arboreous: arboreal apes.
Origin: From Latin arboreus, from arbor, tree.
- ar·boˈre·al·ly adverb
arboreal - Science Definition