arboreal[är bôr′ē əl]
- The definition of arboreal is anything referring to trees or something that is like a tree.
An example of something arboreal is a forest.
- Arboreal is defined as something having the evolutionary characteristics of animals which allow them to live or maneuver through trees.
An example of an arboreal part of the chimpanzee's anatomy is its long arms.
The Koala is arboreal.
- of or like a tree
- living in trees or adapted for living in trees
Origin of arborealClassical Latin arboreus, of a tree ; from arbor, tree + -al
- Relating to or resembling a tree.
- Living in trees; arboreous: arboreal apes.
Origin of arborealFrom Latin arboreus, from arbor, tree.
- Of, relating to, or resembling a tree; treely.
- Living in or among trees.
- Any tree-dwelling creature.