island of the Leeward group in the West Indies: with nearby islands, it constitutes a dependency of the United Kingdom: 60 sq mi (155 sq km)
An island of the British West Indies in the northern Leeward Islands. Inhabited by Arawaks when British settlers arrived in the 17th century, Anguilla was part of the self-governing colony of St. Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla until 1967, when it seceded unilaterally. A bid for full independence led to the landing of British troops in 1969. Anguilla became a separate British dependency in 1980.
- For example, the intimate, yet luxurious 17-room Arawak Beach Inn in Anguilla caters to solo travelers with its Me, Myself & I package.
- If you are looking to get away from the chaos of everyday life, then head to a posh paradise on the Lesser Antilles island of Anguilla.
- In Anguilla, the actress was photographed in a simple while bikini top and loose, blue shorts.
- Barbados from 2000 to 5000; St Vincent 790 to 1533; St Kitts and Anguilla '000 to 1500 each; Antigua 700 to 1883.
- Of the British island of Anguilla in 18° N.