- a kind of cat with long, silky furin full Angora cat
- a kind of goat raised for its long, silky hairin full Angora goat
- this hair (Angora wool) or the cloth made from this hair; mohair
- a kind of goat raised for its long, silky hair
- a long-eared rabbit, raised for its long, silky hairin full Angora rabbit
- this hair
- a soft yarn made from this hair and used esp. for sweaters, etc.
- a long-eared rabbit, raised for its long, silky hair
Origin of Angoraafter Angora, former name of Ankara
Also, for senses 2b, 3b, 3c, angora
- often angoraa. The hair of the Angora goat or of the Angora rabbit. Also called Angora wool.b. A yarn or fabric made from either of these kinds of hair.
- An Angora cat.
- An Angora goat.
- An Angora rabbit.
Origin of AngoraAfter Angora , (Ankara), Turkey.
Ancient name of the city Ankara in Turkey, which has given its name to several breeds of animal. From Ancient Greek ἄγκυρα (ankura, “anchor”).