- the act or process of ____ing: discontinuance
- the quality or state of being: forbearance
- a thing that ____s: hindrance
- a thing that is ____ed: utterance, remittance
Origin of -anceMiddle English ; from Old French -ance (; from Classical Latin -antia, -entia) or directly ; from Classical Latin
- State or condition: absorptance.
- Action: continuance.
Origin of -anceMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin -antia, n. suff. (-ant, -ant + -ia, n. suff.) and from Latin -entia (-ent, -ent + -ia, n. suff.)