- the act or process of ____ing: discontinuance
- the quality or state of being: forbearance
- a thing that ____s: hindrance
- a thing that is ____ed: utterance, remittance
Origin of -anceMiddle English from Old French -ance ( from Classical Latin -antia, -entia) or directly from Classical Latin
- State or condition: absorptance.
- Action: continuance.
Origin of -anceMiddle English from Old French from Latin -antia n. suff. ( -ant -ant ) ( -ia n. suff. ) and from Latin -entia ( -ent -ent ) ( -ia n. suff. )