- a starchy food or substance
- a nearly transparent, waxy deposit resulting from degeneration of bodily tissues: a complex protein
- A starchlike substance.
- a. An insoluble, fibrous structure consisting chiefly of an aggregation of proteins arranged in beta sheets, forming extracellular deposits in organs or tissues and characteristic of certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.b. The substance that makes up such a structure.
- Being or related to proteinaceous amyloid: amyloid plaque.
(comparative more amyloid, superlative most amyloid)
- Containing or resembling starch
- (mycology) Applied to a mushroom that turns blue-black upon application of Melzer's reagent.
From amyl + -oid.