The definition of amis refers to an English novelist named Sir Kingsley Amis who wrote Lucky Jim in 1954.
An example of amis is Sir Kingsley Amis.
1922-95; Brit. writer
amis - Computer Definition
A standard, published (1992) by the Industry Information Association, for networking voice mail systems, and specifying message file formats, addressing conventions, and message transmission.
- The members of the club preserved the title of Amis de la Constitution, as being a sufficient indication of the line they intended to pursue.
- On this second visit he became acquainted with some of the leading Abolitionists, and founded later in Paris a Societe des Amis des Noirs, of which he was president during 1790 and 1791.
- About 1820 he united some patriotic friends into a society, called Amis de la verite.
- Monfort, Les Tonga, on Archipel des Amis (Lyons, 1893); B.
- A " Societe des Amis des Noirs " was formed in Paris in 1788 for the abolition, not only of the slave trade, but of slavery itself.