- An alter ego is defined as another version of oneself.
An example of an alter ego is a person who behaves almost as similarly to you, your differences are unrecognizable.
- The definition of an alter ego is someone with whom you are very close friends.
An example of an alter ego is someone with whom you have been friends since childhood.
The timid man could be called the alter ego of the confident man in front.
alter ego definition by Webster's New World
- another aspect of oneself
- a very close friend or constant companion
Origin: Classical Latin literally , other I
alter ego definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Another side of oneself; a second self.
- An intimate friend or a constant companion.
Origin: Latin : alter, other + ego, I, self.
alter ego - Cultural Definition
An intimate friend, considered another side of oneself: “He was my alter ego; we were always picking up each other's thoughts.” Alter ego is Latin for “another I.”
alter ego - Legal Definition
alter ego - Medical Definition