- The definition of corporate is something related to a business group or a business that operates as a single legal unit.
- An example of corporate is a culture in an office.
- An example of corporate is a company that has filed papers and become incorporated.
corporate definition by Webster's New World
- Archaic united; combined
- having the nature of, or acting by means of, a corporation; incorporated
- of a corporation: corporate debts
- shared by all members of a unified group; common; joint: corporate responsibility
- corporative (sense )
Origin: Middle English corporat ; from Classical Latin corporatus, past participle of corporare, to make into a body ; from corpus, body: see corpus
- corporately adverb
corporate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Formed into a corporation; incorporated: the corporate companies of industrial America.
- Of or relating to a corporation: corporate assets; corporate culture.
- United or combined into one body; collective: made a corporate effort to finish the job.
- Of or relating to a corporative government or political system.
Origin: Latin corporātus, past participle of corporāre, to make into a body, from corpus, corpor-, body; see kwrep- in Indo-European roots.
- corˈpo·rate·ly adverb
corporate - Business Definition
- Of or relating to a bond issued by a corporation, as opposed to a bond issued by the U.S. Treasury or a municipality.
- Of or relating to top management at a corporation's headquarters.
corporate - Investment & Finance Definition
corporate - Legal Definition