- pl. A′kan· or A′kans· a member of any of a group of peoples living mainly in Ghana and parts of the Ivory Coast, including the Ashanti of Ghana
- the Kwa language of these peoples
of the Akan or their language or culture
nounpl. Akan, or A·kans
- A Kwa language spoken in parts of Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire whose two main varieties are Fante and Twi.
- A member of a people of Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire, including the Fante and the Twi.
- Of or pertaining to the Akan people.
- Of or pertaining to the Akan language and other related languages.