- pl. -·nus· or -·nu· a member of an indigenous people of Japan, now living mainly on Hokkaido and also on Sakhalin Island
- the language of this people
Origin of AinuAinu, literally , human being (as opposed to a god)
of the Ainus or their language or culture
nounpl. Ainu or Ai·nus
- A member of an indigenous people of Japan, now inhabiting parts of Hokkaido, Sakhalin, and the Kuril Islands.
- The language of the Ainu.
Origin of AinuAinu aynu, person.
- Of or pertaining to the Ainu ethnic group or their language.
From Ainu アイヌ (aynu)