aestheticism[es t̸het′i siz′əm]
- the doctrine that aesthetic principles underlie all human values
- sensitivity to art and beauty
- the artificial cultivation of artistic sensitivity
- often Aestheticism An artistic and intellectual movement originating in Britain in the late 19th century and characterized by the doctrine that beauty is the basic principle from which all other principles, especially moral ones, are derived.
- Devotion to and pursuit of the beautiful; sensitivity to artistic beauty and refined taste.