- a human being; person thought of as descended from Adam
- a person who goes naked in imitation of Adam, as did members of some early religious sects
- A descendant of Adam; a human being.
Named after French mineralogist Gilbert Joseph Adam (1795-1881) in 1866.
- (historical) One of a sect of visionaries, who, professing to imitate the state of the Biblical Adam, discarded the use of clothing in their assemblies.
- Of or pertaining to the Biblical Adam.
- Adamite language
- Adamite sin
Adam + -ite