- of or pertaining to acrylic acid or products made of it
- designating or of a series of olefin acids with the general formula CHO
- designating or of an acrylic resin product (paint, fiber, plastic, adhesive, etc.)
Origin of acrylicacr(olein) + -yl + -ic
- acrylic painting
- acrylic fiber
- An acrylic resin.
- a. A paint containing acrylic resin.b. A painting done in acrylic resin.
- Any of numerous synthetic fibers polymerized from acrylonitrile.
Origin of acrylicacr(olein) -yl -ic
- (organic chemistry) Derived from acrylic acid or acrylonitrile.
- Containing an acrylic resin.