Aberdeen[ab′ər dēn′; for 3, ab′ər dēn′]
- administrative division of E Scotland: formerly a county
- fishing port in E Scotland, on the North Sea: district pop. 205,000
- town in NW Md.: pop. 14,000: site of Aberdeen Proving Ground of the U.S. Army
- A city of northeast Scotland on the North Sea at the mouth of the Dee River. It is known as “the Granite City” because stone from local quarries is used in many of its buildings.
- A city of northwest South Dakota. It was founded as a railroad stop in 1881.
- A port city in Scotland, on the North Sea.
- A county in northeastern Scotland.
- A CDP in Florida
- A village in the State of Georgia
- A city in Idaho
- A CDP in Porter County, Indiana
- A city in eastern Maryland, home of the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
- A city in Mississippi
- A town in New South Wales
- A town in North Carolina
- A community in Nova Scotia
- A village in Ohio
- A community in Ontario
- A town in Saskatchewan
- A town in Eastern Cape, South Africa
- A city in northeastern South Dakota.
- A city in Washington
- Definitions 7 and 16 use the US pronunciation.
- (usually capitalized) A wide evenly curved fishhook.
- (usually capitalized) Alternative form of Aberdeen terrier.