Origin of aaHawaiian 'a'?
- trademark Alcoholics Anonymous
- Associate in (or of) Arts
Origin of aaHawaiian 'a'ā to burn, aa
lava flow near Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Bible Acts of the Apostles
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Associate in Arts
The use of the abampere and related CGS units had largely been displaced by the MKS system by 1964 when the SI prefix atto- came into use. Thus a knowledge of when the quantity in question was written will usually be sufficient to determine which meaning of aA was intended.
- Alternative spelling of açai.
aa - Computer Definition
(1) (Auto Answer) See modem.
(2) (Double A) A common single-cell battery used in myriad devices from flashlights to electronic equipment of all variety. Like its triple A (AAA) cousin, it provides 1.5 volts of DC power. When used in series, the voltage is multiplied. For example, four AA batteries yield 6 volts.