Yup means yes.
Yup is defined as slang for yes.
An example of yup used as an interjection is in the sentence, "Yup, I'll go to the supermarket today."
Origin of yupAlteration of yep
Origin of yupShort for yuppie
- (informal) A yes; an affirmative answer.
- (informal: a yes): nope
- Yale University Press
- Young urban professional
- Yup. No doubt about it.
- "Yup," answered Fred as his arm shot to bid.
- Yup. There's more in the car.
- Yup. He had a car, a rental I guess.
- Yup. The fish are practically jumping in the boat.