- The definition of wholly-owned is to describe something that is owned by one person or one thing. Note: A hyphen should be used between the words if "wholly owned" is used as an adjective to describe a noun such as "wholly-owned mortgage."
An example of wholly-owned is a subsidiary of a company that is owned by the parent company - a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- The definition of wholly owned is to describe how something is only owned by one person or entity. Note: A hyphen should not be used between the words if "wholly" is used to describe a verb such as "wholly owned."
An example of wholly owned is when something is owned by one person.
designating or of a subsidiary company all of whose common stock is owned by another company
- In December 2007, Applica merged with the small appliance giant, Salton, Inc., in which Applica became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salton.
- Costa Mediterranean Cruises, officially Costa Cruises, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Carnival Cruise Corporation.
- Garnier: Garnier is a wholly-owned, French-based, subsidiary of L'Oreal.