Vicodin is a pain relieving medication composed of acetaminophen and hydrocone. Hydrocones are categorized under narcotic pain relievers.Vicodin must be prescribed, as it has an extremely powerful effect. Only a doctor can properly diagnose conditions that may require the use of Vicodin. Conditions that cause extreme pain are often candidates for Vicodin treatment. Vicodin can cause drowsiness, so a person on the pain killer should be certain that the medication is out of his or her system before attempting to operate a vehicle.
vicodin - Medical Definition
A trademark for a drug containing hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen.
- This heightened tolerance also means that your body has started becoming dependent on the drug and will suffer vicodin withdrawal symptoms once you either decrease the amount you were taking or completely stop the drug.
- Withdrawal symptoms from Vicodin include muscle or bone pain, vomiting, cold flashes, loss of appetite, insomnia, watery eyes, and runny nose.Once detox has taken place, it is imperative that follow-up treatment occurs.
- Vicodin addiction first made big news in 1996, when National Football League quarterback Brett Favre announced he was addicted to the prescription pain pill and entered a rehabilitation program.
- Opiate-based drug addictions that are effectively treated by with this method of detoxification include addictions to heroin, codeine, Vicodin, morphine, Demerol, Lorcet, and Percocet.
- Alternative treatments for withdrawal symptoms - Many people have found relief from vicodin withdrawal symptoms using meditation, hypnosis and acupuncture.