- When people really only want to be loved deep down, this is an example of a situation where people ultimately just want to be loved.
- When it turns out in the end of a movie that the villain was really the good guy all along, this is an example a situation where the villain ultimately turns out to be the good guy.
Ultimately is defined as finally or in the end.
At last; in the end; eventually.
ultimate +"Ž -ly
- He is their father and he is ultimately responsible.
- A situation arose that ultimately remedied both problems.
- Influence on the efficiency of the instrument, and it was ultimately ascertained that a small central opening, with a thin air space extending across the face of the membrane, was best.
- The queen nominated him to the see, which he ultimately obtained, though not without trouble.
- Why do I say this ultimately bankrupts nations?