Origin of tank topso called from resembling the top part of a tank suit
tank toptank top
A sleeveless, slim-fitting, usually knit shirt with shoulder straps and no front opening.
Origin of tank topFrom its resemblance to a tank suit
- A deluxe dress in a tank-top cut with a cape, boot tops, wrist cuffs, headband and gold belt.
- Tank Dresses: A tank-top style, sleeveless sundress is great for everyday wear.
- Variations for tankini tops include halter, strapless and tank-top styles.
- In the daytime, opt for short or mid-length, tank-top style dresses.
- The relatively recent tankini, which combines a tank-top style worn over bikini bottoms, gives the flattering look of a one-piece without any of the riding up or other discomforts that a one-piece can create.