- Present participle of sync.
- Transferring data between two or more devices so they will have the same files is an example of syncing.
- When you plug your iPod into your computer and move music over to the iPod so that it has the same music as on the computer, this is an example of syncing your iPod.
syncing - Computer Definition
(SYNChronizING) The process of copying files and folders from one device to one or more destination devices to ensure an exact copy. If the syncing between two devices is a routine operation, any files that have been deleted from the source device since the last sync are thus deleted from the destination device.
- If you do not sync your iPhone regularly, the syncing process will take a long time, especially if you download large amounts of content or install apps on a weekly basis.
- Syncing your iPhone also gives you an opportunity to discover any errors on your iPhone and correct them before they cause more serious problems.
- If you continue to experience syncing problems, try using the restore button that appears when you connect your iPhone to a computer system.
- Syncing your iPhone with your computer will allow you to transfer music from your computer system to your handheld device.
- When you connect your iPhone to your computer, the syncing process will also check to see if your software is up to date.