- a tip of human hair that has split apart, as from excessive dryness: usually used in pl.
- Football an offensive end positioned away from the other linemen, often as a wide receiver
split endsplit end
- Football A pass receiver who lines up apart from the rest of the formation.
- The end of a hair that has split into strands.
(plural split ends)
- A hair which has split at the end, usually from dryness or innutrition. (Usually in plural)
- I've got so many split ends - I think I must be working too hard.
- (American football) The position which lines up wide and on the offensive line of scrimmage whose primary job is to serve as a receiver
- Jones played split end.
- (American football) A player playing the position of split end
- The split end ran deep.