- The transformation or encapsulation of existing processes or systems into one or more discrete services; see also encapsulation.
- (computing) the migration from monolithic legacy applications into service-based components and solutions.
- (computing) the transition to a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- The servicification of legacy enterprise solutions simplifies ongoing integration and significantly mitigates risk.
- (engineering) servicification of large systems into smaller, more discrete units of service.