- Archaic an allowance of money given to a wife for small personal expenses
- any small sum of money, as for incidental expenses
pin moneypin money
- (now historical) An allowance of money given by a man to his wife or to other dependents for their personal, discretionary use. [from 16th c.]
- (idiomatic, dated) A relatively small sum of cash kept in one's personal possession, for routine expenses or incidental purchases; an amount of money which is not particularly significant. [from 18th c.]
- Alternative form of pin money.