- a person who resides away from his place of work or business
- a person who is excluded, or excludes himself, from some group; outsider
- Geol. a mass of rock, usually of large size, separated by erosion from the main mass
- Statistics an item that is statistically anomalous, compared with others of its group or sample
- One that lives or is located outside or at the edge of a given area: outliers of the forest standing in the field.
- One that exists outside or at an extreme of a category, pattern, or expectation; an extreme case or exception: “those egg-laying outliers of mammaldom, the duck-billed platypus and the anteating echidna” ( Natalie Angier )
- A value far from most others in a set of data: “Outliers make statistical analyses difficult” ( Harvey Motulsky )
- A portion of stratified rock separated from a main formation by erosion.
- A person or thing away from others or outside its proper place.
- (geology) A part of a formation separated from the rest of the formation by erosion.
- (statistics) A value in a statistical sample which does not fit a pattern that describes most other data points; specifically, a value that lies 1.5 IQR beyond the upper or lower quartile.
From outlie +"Ž -er.