- not making or expressing an opinion regarding a person or thing; impartial
- avoiding or tending to avoid making value judgments; tolerant
When a person does not judge the behavior of others and is open-minded about different people and ideas, this is an example of someone who would be described as nonjudgmental.
(comparative more nonjudgmental, superlative most nonjudgmental)
- Without making judgements, especially those based upon personal ethics or opinions
- Health care professionals should provide factual, current, nonjudgmental information in a confidential manner."
- Counseling strategies to prevent and reduce the risk of STDs should be conducted in a confidential and nonjudgmental manner that is both developmental and culturally appropriate for the adolescent.
- The calmer and more nonjudgmental the loved ones are in the intervention, the better the person who needs help will respond to this event.
- Talking about your concerns in a nonjudgmental way can give your loved one the strength to get the help he/she desperately needs.