The definition of a no brainer is a situation in which there is one clear obvious or right answer and in which no real thought is required to decide what to do.
An example of a no brainer is if someone asks if you want a million dollars free and clear with absolutely no taxes or strings attached.
Something, especially a choice or decision, that is so obvious or easy as to require little or no thought.
(plural no brainers)
- Alternative spelling of no-brainer.
- The overwhelming dominance of iPods in the mp3 player market makes the shop designed to stock your iPod a no-brainer. iTunes is fairly easy to use - though it could be easier - and has a top-notch selection of music.
- Given that tunics and long tops are often the favorite of plus size women, both for their style and their concealing abilities, it's almost a no-brainer that sweater coats are just as favored.
- If you don't, you may want to consider buying one because they're easy "no-brainer" shirts to wear when a t-shirt is too casual but a button-up feels a little too stuffy.
- A no-brainer choice and widely regarded as one of the best games on any system in 2006, Twilight Princess was sold to over 80% of the people who initially bought a Wii.
- When accessories, eyewear, footwear and watches were added to the growing collection in 1995, it seemed almost a no-brainer that the birth of Roxy Girl followed.