- Metrics is defined as the science of measuring, or a set of measurements that help you evaluate results.
- An example of metrics is econometrics, measuring in the field of economics.
- An example of metrics is the number of people who came to a store as a result of seeing the store's television ad.
- The definition of metrics is the use of timing and rhythm in poems or verse.
An example of metrics is the study of how rhythm is used in a short poem.
nounused with a sing. verb
Origin of -metricsFrom metric 2
metrics - Investment & Finance Definition
A general term that refers to financial performance measures, such as earnings per share or revenues. An analyst may say that one company beat its competitors in certain metrics.
- While Securitas primarily offers distance learning for its own purposes, the program has expanded to measuring several different metrics for external employers.
- Metrics: A summary of what numbers the company will look at to judge the success or failure of the plan.
- Great, interesting, on-topic writing, research with citations, and few errors are key metrics!
- If you are not certain of the dimensions given, Maryland Metrics has an excellent conversion table that is easy to understand.These elegant gold style earrings are available in many different diameters and thicknesses.
- A 2010 study in the journal, Population Health Metrics (8:29), estimated that the prevalence of diabetes will escalate from the current 1 in 10 Americans to 1 in 3 by 2050.