- a person who believes in mentalism
- a person who professes to read minds or tell fortunes
The definition of a mentalist is a mind reader or magic person who can perform extraordinary tricks that rely on mental powers.
A fortune teller who can read the future is an example of a mentalist.
(comparative more mentalist, superlative most mentalist)
- Of or relating to mentalism
- Actress Keri Lynn Pratt (Brothers and Sisters, The Mentalist, Life on Mars, CSI: NY and Jack and Bobby) took over the role and made her first appearance in the season ten episode titled "Shield."
- This paper described a study where researchers used an MRI brain scanner to watch the brain of a "famous mentalist" while he performed psychic exercises with ESP cards and other tasks.