- 1922, Anonymous, Historical Sketch of the Cathedral of Strasburg:
- He has moreover enriched his work by adding to it an ecclesiastic compute with all its indications; an orrery after the Copernican system, representing the mean tropical revolutions of each of the planets visible to the naked eye, the phases of the moon, the eclipses of the sun and moon, calculated for ever; the true time and the sideral time; a new celestial globe with the procession of the equinoxes, solar and lunary equations for the reduction of the mean geocentric ascension and declension of the sun and moon at true times and places.
- 1944, Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry:
- This lunary sphere, lowest and basest to divine bodies, is first and highest to terrestrial bodies.
- moonwort (Botrychium lunaria)