parish in NE Surrey, England: now part of the Greater London borough of Richmond: site of the Royal Botanic Gardens (Kew Gardens)
A district of western Greater London in southeast England. The famed Royal Botanic Gardens were established here in 1759 and presented to the nation in 1841.
Old French kai (related to modern quay).
- The large difference between the means obtained at Potsdam and Kremsmtinster, as compared to the comparative similarity between the results for Kew and Karasjok, suggests that the mean value of the potential gradient may be much more dependent on local conditions than on difference of latitude.
- At Such Times Gradients Of 400 Or 500 Volts Per Metre Are By No Means Unusual At Kew, And Voltages Of 700 Or Boo Are Occasionally Met With.
- It is decidedly less at Perpignan and Lisbon than at Potsdam, Kew and Greenwich, but nowhere is the seasonal difference more conspicuous than at Tokyo, which is south of Lisbon.
- " Winter " in-, 00 eludes October to arch at Sod, so Greenwich and Batavia; November to February at Kew ky and M Kew '110 Bureau Central; December 100, 100 November to January ' at Karasjok, and December and Janu ary at Perpignan.
- Kew 110 Mean results from June 100 ?