A city of southern Kyushu, Japan, on Kagoshima Bay, an inlet of the East China Sea. Satsuma porcelain ware is produced in the city, which is also a major port.x
- After several months of desperate fighting, Saigo and a small remnant of his followers made a swif t retreat to Kagoshima, and fell fighting (September 14) within sight of their homes.
- They reached Kagoshima on the 15th of August 1 549, and remained in Japan until the 10th of November 1551.
- KiOshiO the Bay of Kagoshima has historical interest, and on th west are the bays of Ariakeno-ura and Yatsushiro.
- Kaimon (Kagoshima One of the most beautiful volcanoes of Bay) 3041.
- Kiri-shima (Kagoshima A volcanic range of which Takachiho, Bay) 5538.