- simple past tense and past participle of juxtapose
A laptop computer juxtaposed over a book.
The definition of juxtaposed is two things that have been placed next to each other.
An example of juxtaposed is a potter putting two cups next to each to see if they are the same size.
- The architect juxtaposed modern materials and classic style when renovating the old barn.
- Lindsay's interior designer juxtaposed two different paint colors on one wall for an interesting effect.
- Sheila juxtaposed her poetry from eight years ago with her most her recent work to see how her skills had developed.
- The two different scenes were chosen and juxtaposed to give a certain perspective of the story.
- Her newest musical work contains an upbeat chorus juxtaposed with serious and moving lyrics.