Initially is defined as at the beginning.
If you thought at first it was going to rain but you do not think so any more, this is an example of a situation where you initially thought it would rain.
at the beginning; at first
- At the beginning.
- Initially, I found city life incredibly difficult, but now I'm used to it.
initial + -ly
- Let one jar be initially FIG.
- Steel bars separated us initially, until it was clear she had no desire to harm me.
- He cursed the talent that initially drew him to her, forced to wait for the fog to clear.
- Objects usually of more or less intricate shape, which are cast initially in the form in which they are to be used, instead of being forged or rolled to that form from steel cast originally in ingots.
- Again, consider the point of the solid which was initially at A in the figure.