Remember that autistic children may be hypersensitive to certain sensory stimuli.
Some hypersensitive people have unique chemical reactions in the brain that cause them to respond much more strongly to stress.
In hypersensitive individuals even a tiny amount of allergen can cause a severe allergic reaction.
Multiple stings can have much more severe consequences, such as anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction that occurs in children who are hypersensitive to the venom.
Some infants are hypersensitive to stimuli, and their crying will get worse if they receive any more than a minimum of comforting, such as parental holding or cuddling.