A woman hugs her hubby.
The definition of hubby is an informal term for husband.
An example of a hubby is the man to whom a woman is married.
nounpl. hub·bies Informal
Origin of hubbyAlteration of husband
- (informal, term of endearment) husband
- Laura thought Jack was the most wonderful hubby in the world.
Diminutive of husband with -y.
(comparative hubbier, superlative hubbiest)
hub + -y
- Although Christina Aguilera and hubby Jordan Bratman have not yet announced whether the new family member is a boy or a girl, reps for the two have confirmed that the once mom-to-be is now officially a mom.
- Kate's bikini bod made headlines and her now infamous tummy tuck was the subject of several magazine cover stories during her early summer beach jaunt will all eight of her kids minus her hubby Jon.
- Reportedly, Spears' original intent was to schedule a c-section delivery on September 14, the same day her first child was born, but hubby Kevin Federline opposed to the idea.
- All the more reason for hubby to stick around.
- Was she afraid her hubby might wear her drawers by mistake?