Hor is short for the words horizon or horizontal.
An example of the hor is where the sun rises and sets.
- (Geordie) her
- (Greek mythology) plural form of Hora
From Ancient Greek Ὧραι.
- Hor; the latter is an unidentified site on the border of Edom (Num.
- Hor (perhaps Jebel Madera) are represented as lying on its border (Num.
- Another Mount Hor is mentioned in Num.
- 2 In addition to this, the Egyptian story of the priest Uza-hor at the court of Cambyses and Darius reflects a policy of religious tolerance which illustrates the biblical account of Ezra and Nehemiah (Brugsch, Gesch.
- On the north bordering on Turkestan the dialect of the nomadic Hor-pa tribes is much mixed with Turkic ingredients.