A position, as in gymnastics or yoga, in which one supports oneself vertically on one's head with the hands braced for support on the floor or on a mat.
- The act of standing on one's head.
- The position of standing on one's head.
- While it may seem amazing that a 70-year-old man can do a freeform headstand but you can't lift your legs off the floor, the basic philosophy of yoga encourages exploration within the self.
- However, your hands will still remain at floor level in the proper headstand position.
- Shorts that won't slide up (or down) when doing inverted poses such as a headstand.