- plural form of gooseberry
- Pick caterpillars from gooseberries and wall trees on their first appearance.
- Pythium, Peronospore, Completoria, Vol utelta, Botrytis, &c. That such overturgescence should lead to the bursting of fleshy fruits, such as gooseberries, tomatoes and grapes, is not surprising, nor can we wonder that fermentation and mould Fungi rapidly spread in such fruits; and the same is true for bulbs and herbaceous organs generally.
- It is present also in oranges, citrons, currants, gooseberries and many other fruits, and in several bulbs and tubers.
- In the neighbourhood large quantities of fruit are grown, including apples, pears, plums, gooseberries, and strawberries.
- The county is specially famed for cherries and filberts, but apples, pears, plums, gooseberries, strawberries, raspberries and currants are also largely cultivated.